Viola Davis & Emma Watson
Kate Hudson & Kerry Washington
Sandra Bullock & Lupita Nyong'o
And my personal fave: Naomi Watts, you rocked it. Loved your shoes, too. Ugh, and your makeup and your hair.
Which one was your favorite dress?
Other favorite moments::
+the selfie that broke twitter
I went home for the first half of the weekend, spent time with relatives visiting & saw my brother play in his basketball tournament. All of it was wonderful! This weekend was so needed. And it can be perfectly described with the following photos:
Saturday night margaritas & Sunday morning coffee.
Ice cream at the best (except actually) place and Fredericksburg & having it with my best friend.
Lots of treats this weekend! So thankful. Have a lovely Monday! xo
You guys. I had quite the fantastic meal. And get this: it was healthy and filling and wonderful.
Because yes, it is possible to have healthy and yummy at the same time.
Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
What You'll Need:
-4 sweet potatoes
-1 cup quinoa
-2 cups vegetable broth
-1 tbsp. butter substitute
-1tbsp. olive oil
-2 handfuls of kale, broken into 1 inch pieces
-1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
-1/4 cup (at least) dried cranberries
-salt & pepper
1. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 degrees for about an hour or until tender. Or just buy the microwavable kind that take like 6 minutes.
We won't judge.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, mix the vegetable broth and quinoa in a pan.
3. While the broth/quinoa mixture is cooking, add butter, olive oil and pinch of salt to a separate pan.
4. Add kale, almond slivers and cranberries to the pan with butter and olive oil. Cook until kale is wilted.
5. Once quinoa is finished cooking, mix with other pan.
6. Serve mixture over cooked sweet potatoes.
What You'll Need:
-12 oz. pasta
-2 tbsp. olive oil
-1 handful of basil (optional)
-salt to taste
-freshly graded parmesan
1. Boil water in a medium-sized pot. Add pasta and lower heat slightly. Cook for about 8 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking, mash avocados, lemon juice, olive oil, basil and salt into a bowl until it becomes a paste. Exhibit A:
3. Add cooked pasta and parmesan to the paste and toss together thoroughly.
4. Serve with the stuffed sweet potatoes and enjoy!
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a lovely weekend! xo
1. Messy Pony | Now I haven't decided if this is me saying actually, I'm really just lazy and the pony tail thing fits my lifestyle, but regardless, I'm loving this look. I've worn my hair down for as long as I can remember, but I'm diggin' the whole out of your face thing. I've got enough to deal with with my bangs growing out. Yeah I know.
2. Avocados | I've been doing everything avocado recently. I'm starting to crave it. I even did avocado pasta the other day and it was fantastic. Yum.
3. Red Lips | What can I say, its a classic. I'm a huge lipstick wearer/supporter (because let's face it: a mascara + lipstick makeup regimen is all I have time for). I've been into the darker colors for the winter season, but I think I'm ready to branch out into the reds and pinks. Who's with me?
4. Donuts with Sprinkles | Is it bad that I have donuts and avocados on the same list? Probably. But I mean come on, life is too short to not have the sprinkled donut. The sprinkles are important (read: mandatory). The chocolate icing is recommended. This past weekend I had one that was heart shaped. Best part of my day. (I'm actually serious.)
5. Brick Walls | I mean, I feel like they speak for themselves. When I think brick walls, I think a cuppa jo and a good read and my future apartment. So, clearly, its on the list.
Happy Monday, dears!
Since I've tried to make this little blog of mine a documentation of my life, its about time I told you guys what's been going on as of late. I've made a few changes here recently, and I finally feel like I'm able to put it into words!
In high school, I loved math. Then I took a calculus class and, after stressing over problems with more letters than numbers, realized that I began to struggle for the same reasons that I struggled in my Spanish class. Simply put, my brain did (and does) not "click" with any language except my own. So once in college, I ruled out all math, science and foreign language options for any future career of mine. Ha, probably a slightly dramatic choice, but very necessary at the time. Second semester of freshman year, I created One of 5 and started my first English class. For those 15 weeks, I learned what it was like to read novels like many listen to music. I was fascinated by a story's unique lyrical qualities, and wondered if it was something that I could create on my own.
Fast forward through declaring my major, taking an internship abroad and blogging a heck of a lot more, my passion for words has only grown. I knew this semester that I would need to do something outside of class to keep up with writing. To learn as much as I can. So, I guess this *new* thing you should know about me-- I'm now writing for the school newspaper! I've also now taken on the roles of online editor and assistant style editor. I've only just begun my large to-do list and I'm already having a wonderful time.
Its not a huge major deal or anything, but I was excited and wanted to share with all of my blogging buddies! Side note:: I also had a strange dream the other night that I was a journalist for the NYTimes and had a secret writing identity. Ha. Guess we shall see! ;)
Do you love Valentine's Day, or do you hate it? Normally a person tends to fall in one of the two categories. I've decided (with my many years of wisdom, ha) that Valentine's Day is a day worth loving. Its a day to embrace anyone you love, not just your significant other. So, with this fun little holiday right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to share a few loved-themed linkies. All ideas listed below I've either done and loved, or am planning to do! How are you planning for Valentine's Day?
::Share the L O V E::
1. Conversation heart posters.
2. How to make a heart-shaped cake.
3. A lovely homemade book.
5. Homemade heart hot chocolate.
6. DIY heart stamper.
7. A wonderful heart backdrop.
8. Eight VDay ideas for singles.
9. DIY framed hearts.