...and I'm back in Fredericksburg! I had such a wonderful break-- caught up with the fam, saw a few great films, made yummy foods & played night basketball. It was super fun & to share more about that later!
I brought a junkton of stuff back with me-- winter AND spring clothes, freshly cleaned bedding and a bit of food. It took over an hour to put it all away, haha.
Let me tell you what though: getting up this morning was quite the rude awakening. Not that I slept in terribly late last week, but 7:30am just felt extra early for some reason. Maybe it was the time change. Yes, let's blame it on that.
Trying not to complain too much about it though.. it means spring is coming. :) Eee I think we're all about ready for the warm weather by now, whaddya think? Apparently this week is supposed to be rather sunshiny and I can't wait.
: : : : : : :LINKS FOR YOUR MONDAY: : : : : : :
+is this new, or did I just not know that Alex and Ani had rings? I've fallen in love all over again.
+a giant instrument.
+i need to get one of these.
+saw this show in Stratford-upon-Avon last semester! A++.
+for all of you JA fans...
+beginner running program.
+it is important to know your wool.
+i completely agree.
+just got these. love them. but more on that later. :)
+the ultimate clean-eating shopping list.
+phone dead? no problem.
+you can find me over here now!
+ the truest of words.
have a happy week! xo
//bought new pajamas
//went to the movies with my mother
//made dark chocolate brownies
//played night basketball with my brothers
//marathon-watched a tv show
//set up a hair appointment.. !
//saw the prettiest sunset
//took snapchats with my kitty
//oogled over oscar dresses
its been quite a lovely week, i must say. hoping everyone has a great weekend- i'll being doing much more of items from the list above. :) i head back to school on sunday, and then i have big plans for this blog next week, so stay tuned! x
Viola Davis & Emma Watson
Kate Hudson & Kerry Washington
Sandra Bullock & Lupita Nyong'o
And my personal fave: Naomi Watts, you rocked it. Loved your shoes, too. Ugh, and your makeup and your hair.
Which one was your favorite dress?
Other favorite moments::
+the selfie that broke twitter
I went home for the first half of the weekend, spent time with relatives visiting & saw my brother play in his basketball tournament. All of it was wonderful! This weekend was so needed. And it can be perfectly described with the following photos:
Saturday night margaritas & Sunday morning coffee.
Ice cream at the best (except actually) place and Fredericksburg & having it with my best friend.
Lots of treats this weekend! So thankful. Have a lovely Monday! xo
You guys. I had quite the fantastic meal. And get this: it was healthy and filling and wonderful.
Because yes, it is possible to have healthy and yummy at the same time.
Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
What You'll Need:
-4 sweet potatoes
-1 cup quinoa
-2 cups vegetable broth
-1 tbsp. butter substitute
-1tbsp. olive oil
-2 handfuls of kale, broken into 1 inch pieces
-1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
-1/4 cup (at least) dried cranberries
-salt & pepper
1. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 degrees for about an hour or until tender. Or just buy the microwavable kind that take like 6 minutes.
We won't judge.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, mix the vegetable broth and quinoa in a pan.
3. While the broth/quinoa mixture is cooking, add butter, olive oil and pinch of salt to a separate pan.
4. Add kale, almond slivers and cranberries to the pan with butter and olive oil. Cook until kale is wilted.
5. Once quinoa is finished cooking, mix with other pan.
6. Serve mixture over cooked sweet potatoes.
What You'll Need:
-12 oz. pasta
-2 tbsp. olive oil
-1 handful of basil (optional)
-salt to taste
-freshly graded parmesan
1. Boil water in a medium-sized pot. Add pasta and lower heat slightly. Cook for about 8 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking, mash avocados, lemon juice, olive oil, basil and salt into a bowl until it becomes a paste. Exhibit A:
3. Add cooked pasta and parmesan to the paste and toss together thoroughly.
4. Serve with the stuffed sweet potatoes and enjoy!
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a lovely weekend! xo
1. Messy Pony | Now I haven't decided if this is me saying actually, I'm really just lazy and the pony tail thing fits my lifestyle, but regardless, I'm loving this look. I've worn my hair down for as long as I can remember, but I'm diggin' the whole out of your face thing. I've got enough to deal with with my bangs growing out. Yeah I know.
2. Avocados | I've been doing everything avocado recently. I'm starting to crave it. I even did avocado pasta the other day and it was fantastic. Yum.
3. Red Lips | What can I say, its a classic. I'm a huge lipstick wearer/supporter (because let's face it: a mascara + lipstick makeup regimen is all I have time for). I've been into the darker colors for the winter season, but I think I'm ready to branch out into the reds and pinks. Who's with me?
4. Donuts with Sprinkles | Is it bad that I have donuts and avocados on the same list? Probably. But I mean come on, life is too short to not have the sprinkled donut. The sprinkles are important (read: mandatory). The chocolate icing is recommended. This past weekend I had one that was heart shaped. Best part of my day. (I'm actually serious.)
5. Brick Walls | I mean, I feel like they speak for themselves. When I think brick walls, I think a cuppa jo and a good read and my future apartment. So, clearly, its on the list.
Happy Monday, dears!